The 7th Africa Animal Welfare Conference – Action 2023 is an annual event organized by the Africa Network for Animal Welfare (ANAW), in collaboration with the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), the African Union InterAfrican Bureau for Animal Resources (AU-IBAR), and the host country’s government. This conference brings together professionals and practitioners from various fields to discuss and address issues related to animal welfare, wildlife conservation, and environmental sustainability.
- Dates: September 25-27, 2023 (with arrival on September 24 and departure on September 28, 2023).
- Venue (Physical): Sainte Famille Hotel, Kigali, Rwanda.
- Virtual Attendance: Available via the Zoom platform.
- Theme: Navigating the delicate balance of animal welfare, climate change, and development: concerted actions towards a healthy and sustainable environment.
- Farm and working animals.
- The welfare of animals in disasters.
- Faith-based perspectives on animal welfare and environmental conservation.
- Emerging trends in education and research.
- Wildlife and environmental conservation.
- Climate change and animal welfare (Panel discussion).
Conference Vision: The conference aims to serve as the primary platform for animal welfare stakeholders in Africa to engage in dialogue, learning, and strategy development to address issues related to animal welfare.
Conference Mission: The mission of the conference is to bring together animal welfare stakeholders to deliberate on critical issues affecting animals, their value, and their contribution to socio-economic, environmental, humane, and sustainable development in Africa.
Overall Goal: The overall goal of the conference is to stimulate policy development, review, and planning for the realization of animal welfare.
The 7th Africa Animal Welfare Conference – Action 2023 Event Program
The 7th Africa Animal Welfare Conference – Action 2023 Objectives:
- Outline the need to balance human development and environmental sustainability.
- Illustrate progress in mainstreaming Animal Welfare in the United Nations and preparations for UNEA 6.
- Reflect on the progress of the implementation of AWSA through the Africa Platform for Animal Welfare (APAW).
- Exchange knowledge and best practices to enhance animal welfare, environmental sustainability, and human development.
- Develop a critical mass of sensitized animal welfare stakeholders in Africa to support the emerging animal welfare, sustainable development, and environmental agenda.
- Raise awareness among stakeholders and communities in Africa about their role in improving animal welfare and supporting environmental conservation.
- Foster linkages and networking among stakeholders in animal welfare, environment, development, and related sectors in Africa.
The 7th Africa Animal Welfare Conference – Action 2023 is jointly organized by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), the African Union InterAfrican Union for Animal Resources (AU-IBAR), and the Africa Network for Animal Welfare (ANAW). The government of Rwanda, through the ministries of Agriculture and Environment, supports the event.
The 7th Africa Animal Welfare Conference – Action 2023 Registration and Fees:
- In-person attendance: USD 100 (excluding accommodation and flight tickets).
- Virtual attendance: USD 25.
- Register Link
Accommodation Rates (for in-person attendees in Rwanda):
- Single Room: USD 130 per day (USD 520 for 4 nights).
- Double Room (Twin Room): USD 95 per person per day (USD 380 for 4 nights).
These rates include airport transfers, half-board accommodation (bed, breakfast, and dinner), and transportation between the hotel and the airport.
- Cell Phone: +254 – (0) 798 452 625.
- Email: email@example.com.
If you plan to attend this The 7th Africa Animal Welfare Conference – Action 2023, you can visit the conference’s official website or contact the organizers via the provided contact information for registration and further details.